Python vs PHP: Which One is the best IT Course to do in 2020?
There are dozens of languages that are using to code fabulous and fantastic architecture of the software that runs a project, fulfil the requirement, help to earn more and more…
Today, we will discuss two core languages PHP and Python. Please, read this article carefully that you can understand the basic differences, requirements, roles, uses, and opportunity.
Python: Python may be a high level object-oriented, programming language. It’s built-in data structures, combined with dynamic typing & binding which makes it a perfect choice for rapid application development. Python also offers support for modules and packages, which allows system modularity and code reuse.
It is one among the fastest programming languages because it requires only a few lines of code. Its emphasis is on readability and ease, which make it an excellent choice for beginners.
PHP: PHP stands for Hypertext Pre-processor. It’s a server-side scripting language. it’s wont to develop a dynamic website or web application. PHP can easily integrate with all major web servers on all major operating systems.
PHP is that the widely-used, free, and efficient choice to competitors likes Microsoft’s ASP. Non-technical users can easily learn a couple of useful tricks to form their sites easier to manage, and more useful. We’ll put these two head-to-head and find out which is the best choice for you.
Why is Python important?
Here, are certain reasons why you ought to select Python:
- Compared with the code of other language python code is straightforward to write down and debug. Therefore, its ASCII text file is comparatively easy to take care of.
- Python helps you to form complex programming simpler. Because it internally deals with memory addresses, garbage pickup.
- Python may be a portable language so it can run on a good sort of Operating systems and platforms.
- Python supports GUI applications and has as a framework for Web. Example: tkmter, WXPython, Django.
- Python comes with many prebuilt libraries which makes your development task easily.
- Python offers database interfaces to all or any major commercial DBMS system.
- Python provides an interactive shell which helps you to check the items before it’s the actual implementation.
Why is PHP important?
- Here, are prime reasons why you should select PHP
- PHP is free to download from its official website www.php.net
- PHP runs on various platforms like Windows, Unix, Linux, Mac OS X, etc.
- PHP is easy to learn which runs efficiently on the server-side
- PHP is compatible with almost Apaches, IIS servers
Python vs. PHP
|Frameworks||Python has a smaller number of frameworks||PHP users have access to mature frameworks.|
|Popularity||Widely used in AI, data science and scientific community||Language of choice for web development|
|Database Connectivity||Does not support database connectivity as broadly as PHP||It is possible to access more than 20 different databases.|
|Community Support||Currently growing at fast pace.||Wider community support.|
|Learning curve||Python is better in the long-term projects.||PHP has a very low learning curve, and it is straightforward to get started with.|
|Readability||Python uses indentation enforcements that are quite strict. This makes it more readable than PHP.||PHP language is highly documented and follows a classic approach|
|Type of language||General purpose programming language||Specialized for Web development programming language.|
|Syntax||A very clear and concise, syntax of codes||The built-in library has a wide range of naming conventions|
|A famous company using this technology||Uber, Pinterest, Mozilla||Hootsuite, Viber, Appcelerator|
|Git hub stars||30.4 K||30 K|
|Fork||8.23 K||8.04 K|
|TIOBE rating||4th position||7th position|
|Key Features||Rapid development, Dynamic typing and beautiful code.||Open source, Easy Deployment, Continual Improvements.|
|Best frameworks||Flask, Django, jam.py.||Slim, Laravel, Fast-free framework.|
|Salaries||The average salary for a professional Python Developer is $120,024 per year in the United States.||The avg salary for a PHP Developer is $86,017 per year in the United States.|
What are the Features of Python?
- Easy to learn, read and maintain
- Python language can be integrated with Java, C, and C++ programming code.
- It can run on various hardware platforms & using the same interface.
- It offers high-level dynamic data types and also supports dynamic type checking.
- Python offers support for automatic garbage collection.
- Python offers an ideal structure and support for large programs.
- It supports an interactive mode of testing and debugging.
- You can include low-level modules to the Python interpreter.
What are the Features of PHP?
- Database Integration Supports many databases, such as Oracle, MySQL, etc.
- It is faster than another scripting language, e.g., ASP and JSP
- It is easy to use, compare to another scripting language
- PHP has some predefined error reporting constants to generate an error notice or warning
- Open source means you don’t need to pay for using PHP; you can freely download and use it
- PHP offers access logging by creating the summary of recent accesses of the user.
Even after comparing both the languages, it is difficult task to examine one to better than others. Wherein Python is used for Machine Learning, PHP is used for server-side programming. Every student should have to decide to choose one from both after checking their interest. But, this article should clearly guide them to take a good decision.
As we are one of the best IT Institutes in Delhi, we teach Python and PHP both to our students by Industry Experts. If you have still any confusion in choosing the best one, you may contact us through chat. To access the chat option, click on the message icon that is in the below right corner. Our counsellor will guide you free of cost.